Home>About Us

Contact Us

Scouting in Barbados is administered by the Barbados Boy Scouts Association. The Association has jurisdiction over the entire island, and its headquarters is at Hazelwood, Upper Collymore Rock, St. Michael.

The first Troop on the island was registered on 9th March, 1912, at Combermere School, just 5 years after Scouting was founded. From 1912 to 1969, the local Association operated as a branch of the British Scout Association. On 20th February, 1969, the Association's Constitution was approved, making it an independent Association and the 95th member of the World Scout Conference.

At present, the Association is headed by H. E. The Most Honourable Dame Sandra Mason, FB, GCMG, DA, SC, LLD, Patron, Sir Marston Gibson, K.A., Chief Scout and President, and Mr. Trevor DeT. A. Jones, Chief Commissioner. It has a membership of over 1,500 boys and adults.

The island is divided into three districts - Bridgetown, Northern and Southern Districts.

  © Barbados Boy Scouts Association - May 2014 - About - Contact Us - Terms and Conditions  Creative Commons License